Hiking is a fun activity anyone can enjoy regardless of age or fitness level. When hiking, having the appropriate gear is vital. Let’s discuss the best hiking hats for women.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a commission if you click an affiliate link and make a purchase. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. Ordenado Women’s Sun Hat
The Ordenado Women’s Sun Hat is a lightweight hat that offers UPF 50+ sun protection and comes in various colors.
It is made from 100 % polyester and has an adjustable chin strap to keep it in position on windy days. The hat’s mesh lining is designed to absorb heat and keep you cool when hiking in hot weather. It is floppy, meaning you can easily pack it before hitting the trail.
The summer hat also has an adjustable drawcord, making it great for different head sizes.
- It has a sweat absorption mesh lining that cools your head.
- Has a wide brim that shields the face and neck from UV rays.
- Comfortable and easy to wear.
- May not be the best option for people with small heads.
2.Muryobao Women’s Ponytail hat
The Muryobao Women’s Ponytail is a lightweight hat ideal for hiking and comes with a drawstring cord for adjusting the size. It provides UPF 50+ sun protection. The hat offers a comfortable fit and a medium to large crown. It is made of 100% polyester.
It also features a clean finish, which means it will not easily snag on your clothes or brush up against your hair. This hiking hat is designed with a mesh portion on its sides to keep your head cool and ventilated. It has inbuilt sweatbands that prevent sweat from running down your face.
- Sturdy construction
- It is made of polyester, which is highly breathable.
- Foldable, meaning it won’t take a lot of space in your backpack.
- It may be too tight for some people.
3.Wide Brim Hiking Hat
Wide brim hats are an excellent option for women who want to protect their faces from the sun, wind, and rain in their hiking adventures. They have a wide brim that can shield your neck and face from weather elements.
Although these hats may seem too large for most women’s heads, they offer excellent sun protection and can be worn with many different outfits. The hat is made of 100% Nylon with mesh side vents to provide excellent airflow.
- The wide brim covers most of your face, so it’s perfect for all weather conditions.
- The adjustable chin strap allows you to wear it as high or as low as you want.
- It is super light and durable since it is made from 100% Nylon.
- Features a neck protection flap
- Has a buckle closure at the back to adjust its size
- May not be fashionable for some ladies.
Related: Best Gloves For Hiking
4.EINSKEY Sun Hat for Women
The EINSKEY Sun Hat is a classic summer hiking hat made of 100 % Polyester. The hat has a chin strap that keeps the hat in place in windy conditions. It also has an adjustable drawstring to ensure a comfortable fit.
This hat is available in different colors and is designed for women with 22-24 inches head size.
- It’s lightweight and comfortable to wear all day long.
- Provides excellent protection from the sun’s harmful rays.
- It has a chin strap to prevent it from getting blown off when it’s windy.
- Water repellent, which makes it great for hiking in rainy weather.
- The back rim may not cover your neck completely.
5.Columbia unisex-adult bora bora booney
This hat is an excellent choice for women who want to look stylish while keeping their heads warm. It comes in a wide range of colors and styles, so you can find one that meets your needs.
The Columbia Unisex-Adult Bora Booney is made of 100% Nylon. It features an adjustable chin strap to keep it firmly on your head. The hat’s weave construction protects you from UV rays when hiking. Also, it comes with a drawstring at the back that allows you to adjust its size.
- Features a moisture-wicking band to keep your head cool.
- Has an adjustable chin strap to keep the hat in position.
- Lays flat and can be folded-you can easily pack it.
- The floppy brim can block your vision
Related: What To Wear When Hiking In Hot Weather
6.GADIEMKENSD Reflective Folding Outdoor Hat
The GADIEMKENSD Reflective Folding Outdoor hat is perfect for hiking in hot weather. The main fabric is made of 100% nylon, a material that protects you from UV rays. The two side meshes are made of polyester and designed to increase moisture flow and keep your head cool.
This outdoor hat features a sweatband that quickly absorbs moisture when you start sweating. The hat’s can bill has a 3-panel design and can easily be folded. This means you can put it in your pocket or backpack on your hiking trips.
Another attractive feature of the GADIEMKENSD outdoor hat is the reflective brim which increases safety. This makes it suitable for people who regularly go on low-light hikes or runs in the mornings or evenings.
- It comes in various colors, so you can choose one that best matches your outfit and style.
- The hat is lightweight and quick drying.
- Has a velcro at the back to adjust its size.
- The fabric is soft and comfortable against your skin.
- You can only hand wash it. Machine washing ruins it.
7.LETHMIK Fishing Sun Boonie Hat
The LETHMIK Fishing Sun Boonie Hat comes with a wide brim that keeps the sun’s rays off your face and neck, protecting you from harmful UV rays. It is made of polyester and is well-stitched, making it comfortable to wear.
The hat has an adjustable chin strap that keeps it firmly on your head when hiking in windy weather.
The LETHMIK Fishing Sun Boonie Hat can be folded down or up in many styles so you can easily pack it or place it in your pocket. Note that the hat doesn’t lose its shape when folded, a feature that makes it great for hiking and backpacking. The hat also features classic decorations on the sides.
- Has a wide brim to protect your face and neck from the glare of the sun
- The side buttons allow you to snap up one or both sides.
- It is stylish and quick-drying
- You can only hand wash it. It is not designed to be brush washed or machine washed.
8.KOOLSOLY Breathable Wide Brim Boonie Hat
The unisex KOOLSOLY Breathable Wide Brim Boonie hat is an excellent choice for keeping the sun’s heat off your face and neck. This is because it is made of polycotton, a material that offers UPF 50+ sun protection.
The wide brim protects you from the sun’s glare, making it the perfect hat for hiking and other activities like camping, boating, gardening, traveling and climbing.
The KOOLSOLY Boonie Hat has breathable mesh panels designed to keep your head cool even on the hottest and most humid days. The hat features a sweatband that wicks away moisture, keeping your head dry as you engage in your favorite outdoor activity.
It also features 4 meshed eyelets for ventilation and a drawstring that holds it in place on windy days. The Koolsol Boonie Hat is available in multiple colors.
- Features breathable mesh panels help keep you cool and dry in hot weather.
- It comes with a drawstring for adjusting its size.
- Lightweight and packable.
- The brim may be too wide for some people.
9.CAMOLAND Breathable Wide Brim Boonie Hat
The CAMOLAND Breathable Wide Brim Boonie Hat is designed to keep your head cool when hiking on a hot day.
Its most notable feature is a wide brim that keeps the sun’s heat off your head and neck, protecting you from UV radiation. It has no-rust buttons that you can use to roll up the brim and gain more visibility.
The hat features a breathable mesh lining and sweatband to keep your head cool on a summer hike. With the adjustable drawstring and chin strap, it can fit well on all head sizes. The hat is available in a wide range of colors. It’s comfortable to wear and you can use it for other activities like camping, travel, and hunting.
- It has a wide brim to protect you from UV rays.
- Features a breathable mesh lining that absorbs sweat and keeps your head cool.
- The hat can easily be folded and stored in your pocket or backpack.
- The camouflage design makes it stylish.
- The metal clips on the hat can rust.
Related: Tips For Hiking In The Rain
10. Outdoor Research Sunbriolet Sun Hat
The Outdoor Research Sunbriolet Sun Hat is made of 100% nylon, a material that boosts its durability. It provides UPF 50+ sun protection, making it ideal for hiking in sunny weather. The mesh lining and headband keep away moisture and make the hat comfortable to wear.
A unique feature of the Outdoor Research Sunbriolet Sun Hat is the foam-stiffened brim which helps the hat float when it falls in water bodies like lakes and rivers. It has a drawcord at the back for adjusting its size and a chin strap to keep it firmly on your head when it’s windy.
- The headband and mesh lining makes it comfortable to wear
- The wide brim protects against harmful UV rays
- Durable, as it is made of 100% nylon.
- May lose shape after washing.
11. Women’s Sun Hats Hiking Cap
The Women’s Sun Hats Hiking Cap features a wide brim that protects you from the sun’s glare. It comes with a neck flap that protects your neck, ears, and face from the heat of the sun, making it perfect for warm weather hiking.
The Women’s sun Hiking Cap is made of lightweight and breathable material to make it comfortable to wear and cool your head on the hottest days.
It also features a sweatband to prevent sweat from accumulating. Moreover, the hat is packable, meaning it won’t take much space in your backpack. When not hiking, you can wear it when doing other activities like camping, traveling, kayaking, gardening, cycling, boating and hunting.
- The wide brim provides UPF 50+ sun protection.
- Stylish – comes with a floral scarf and is available in many colors.
- Features an adjustable chin drawstring to prevent the hat from being blown away by the wind.
- It is not waterproof.
Do you need a hiking hat?
Here are reasons why you should wear a hat when hiking.
Perfect for hiking in hot weather
A hat should be on your gear list if you love hiking in warm weather. Hats have brims that keep away the glare and heat of the sun. The best hiking hats for women protect you from the harmful UV rays. Some have flaps at the back to protect your neck and ears.
Keep your head cool
When hiking in warm weather, you are likely to sweat, especially if you are going at a fast pace or are hiking in challenging terrain. Hiking hats have sweatbands and mesh linings that remove sweat and keep your head cool. Some have eyelets which also help keep hikers’ heads cool.
Protects you from the wind
Windy weather can take the enjoyment out of your hike. The brims on hiking hats protect your face from the high winds. The best hiking hats for women usually have chin straps to keep them on your head when it’s windy. So, look for chin straps when shopping for a hiking hat.
What to look for when buying a hiking hat
Finding the perfect hiking hats for women can be tricky. It’s important to know what to look for when buying one. Check the following before ordering:
The best outdoor hats for hiking women need to be a good fit. If you have a large head, it’s best not to get a hat that goes down over your ears or covers your forehead. Instead, look for one that fits snugly but comfortably on your head.
Material is another crucial factor to consider when shopping for the best hiking hats for women. Ensure the hat is made of materials like polyester and nylon that are durable and lightweight. Also, check if the material is waterproof.
If the hat doesn’t fit well, you will have trouble keeping it on your head and this will affect your hikes. Make sure the hat you are purchasing is the right size.
This is something you shouldn’t ignore when buying a hat. If you focus on the functional features alone, you may end up with a hat that doesn’t match your style. While the hat should be visually appealing, ensure it has important features such as moisture-wicking abilities and a wide brim.
Hiking hats are a great way to protect your face, ears, and neck from the sun. There are many hiking hats for women on the market, but only a select few fit the bill. Hopefully, this list has helped you choose the right option based on your taste and budget.